Create a Google Account and Google Calendar:
Why do we need this?
- We use Google calendar to link your blocked days to our booking calendar system. So, the blocked days on your linked calendar will be blocked on our booking calendar.
- You get to manage your blocked days at any time to free up or block your schedule accurately.
Click here to see how to Set up your Google Account
Click here to see How to Set up a Gmail Account
If you already have a Google or Gmail account you can skip this step.
Next, Create a Google Calendar (click for instructions)
- Create a specific calendar to block your unavailable days and times.
- Name it “Your Name Calendar”
- Share your calendar with email@example.com
Manage the available/blocked days and times on your calendar:
We will verify your calendar is linked and working properly soon. For now, you can manage your time and set the days and times you’re not available.
The calendar is what links your available and blocked days in our booking system. Our system reads your BLOCKED days and times and a client schedules around that.
So, if you work a 9 to 5 job, enter that into your availability calendar as blocked from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. (or whatever times/days you do not want to book sessions).
Be sure to add your blocked days/times as ‘busy’ on your calendar. By default, Google will mark any full days (no times set) as ‘free’ so be sure that you change full days to ‘busy’ so it blocks the whole day on your calendar.
You can manage your blocked days at any time and schedule them for as far out as you need.
- The blocked days/times on your calendar are important to maintain correctly so that the clients can accurately view available dates and times for you and all of the photographers on one calendar. If schedules are not correct, clients can book a date and time when no photographers are available.